11 May 2009

Is the Stockport Beer Festival less than three weeks away?

I have already booked off Friday 29th May for the Stockport Beer Festival. Usually I wake up around 5am. Therefore, I might be ready for a drink on the lunchtime session. The admission is free (to non-Camra members too). It runs from 11.30am - 3.30pm. It has no entertainment, which for me is a bit of a bonus. I confess that I do not mind folk music. However, I am not a fan of those often cheesy bands that play at beer festivals. The entertainment manager asserted that this year, there is entertainment for everyone. Whether this is the case or not, I am not coming back for the evening session. I have a child to look after. I may take him to a Saturday session. He seems to enjoy playing with Lego at these often peaceful events.

2 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

I understand that on the Friday lunchtime there is likely to be a choir made up of people helped by the Stockport Cerebral Palsy Society, which is this year's Festival Charity.

However, as the entertainment is staged in a room entirely separate from the bar, anyone who wants to avoid it has no problem.

Hopefully you'll be able to show your support even if just for a few minutes, though.

Philip said...

Bizarre, the summary page on the website states that it is a quiet session.... Anyway, I'll show them my support.